Proliant Dairy Ingredients is accepting applications for part-time Production Operators at our Melrose, MN facility. The work schedule varies and would include some weekends. Starting wage is $18/hour. Successful completion of pre-employment physical and drug screen required. PDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply online today!
Purpose: To assist various areas within the plant while maintaining efficient production processes according to GMP and to meet customer specifications.
- Operate evaporator, Triple C, fluid bed, packaging and palletizing equipment.
- Operate spray dryers, monitors intake and exhaust temperatures, monitors and samples powdered product, check operation of spray nozzles, and sweep down dryers.
- Operate bag house, makes sure air is on, check on moving parts, and help with removal and replacement of bags.
- Load product tanks and silos.
- Bag and blend finished powder, weigh, sample, seal and palletize product and move pallets which may require a forklift of pallet jack.
- Perform elementary mechanical and carpentry repairs throughout plant, prepare surfaces for painting and paint where needed.
- Assist maintenance with wiring/welding projects and repairing/replacing motors and pumps.
- Provide support for basic analytical testing on finished product.
- Maintain a clean work area including proper care and storage of tools/equipment.